The Gluss Method®
For Long Term Recovery From Drugs and Alcohol
Redefining the concept of drug and alcohol rehabilitation.
PHASE 1: Basic Program
Moving into the concept of training with the focus on combining principles of coaching and psychotherapy.
Training similar process to what an athlete would go through in reaching a goal
Rehab training consists of several processes.
Medical detox approximately 5-7 day process of detoxifying from substances or alcohol
First stage - biopsychosocial approach to establishing a strong foundation to begin recovery.
Biological component consists of:
- physical exercise
- relaxation techniques such as training, yoga, pilates, stretch and massage
Psychological Component consists of
- Psychotherapy and coaching principles to start establishing above the line and below the line work
• Above the line work is skill-building and coaching techniques to help motivate, inspire and define an individual’s future.
• Below the line work deals with the psychological component of psychodynamic skills cognitive behavoral skills and principles of mindfulness training.
Social component consists of:
- Establishing positive relationships in an individual’s life
- Redefining family relationships
- Couple relationships
- Attending 12 step groups and psychological groups to help establish positive attachments and relinquish negative attachments.
Medical and Biopsychosocial Component is to establish a framework to begin developing the other areas of more advanced trainIng rehab. The first month to six weeks of rehab is dedicated to the Biopsychosocial Component of the program.
PHASE 2: Training Rehab Model
Focus - finding a purpose
Recovery from drugs and alcohol usually means redefining one’s’ life and one’s life purpose. It’s about finding meaning. It’s about coming out of the abyss of drugs and alcohol use. Facing fears. Gaining confidence. And redefining one’s life purpose.
The focus of this phase is one month - 6 weeks.
Continuation of phase one which is a biopsychosocial model of gaining physical, mental and social strength
In addition the phase focuses on helping individuals to dig deeper into their psychological resistance, moving forward and gaining the skills necessary to do so.
- At the beginning of this phase goal setting will establish the backbone of the program
- Goal setting will focus on individual, professional and relationship goals
- The focus is to break down each goal into small units so that the person can “chip away” at their desired goals.
- Throughout this period the skill building and psychotherapy will be a focus
• Skill building will focus on cognitive behavioural exercises to gain the necessary tools in order to reach the goals
• In depth psychotherapy to deal with the unconscious resistance faced with progress
- Coaching techniques will also be used such as motivational inspirational and education techniques to help an individual to maximize their potential
- During this period in addition to the biopsychosocial providers, psychotherapists, coaches, business coaches, life coaches or creative coaches may be utilized.
This phase is also set up for business professionals in the entertainment industry who want to redefine their direction and life goals and expand their basic understanding of themselves from an artistic and business point of view. This phase will consist of goal setting and “chipping away” at those goals, and gaining the proper support needed by creating a creative village of individuals who help create a strong foundation for creating a purposeful life.
During this period there will also be more family and couple involvement to help insure an individual’s goals will be met.
ENTERTAINMENT SPECIALTY PROGRAM
Creating a Purposeful Life
EXECUTIVE SPECIALTY PROGRAM
Enriching a Professional Life
TRAVEL SPECIALTY PROGRAM
Relaxing in luxury at the location of your choice